Virtual Home Tour 495 Colchester Avenue, Burlington - $1,500,000
Award Winning Historic Preservation! Recently restored, this historical property includes four apartments as well as a restaurant/café space. Known as one of Burlington’s oldest industrial buildings, 495 Colchester Avenue was built circa 1840 as a blacksmith shop. Sometime around the turn of the century it transitioned to Lamare and Abare’s Grocery. After the historic flood of 1927, Colchester Avenue and the bridge connecting it to Winooski were raised. In 2016 the current owners undertook a two-year historic restoration project which included raising the building 10 feet and completely restoring the structural integrity of the building with brick and timber framing. This resulted in an extra level of useable space which has since been converted into a restaurant, currently leased to The Boardroom Café. The balance of the building was also completely renovated and includes two two-bedroom apartments and two three-bedroom units with views of the Winooski River. Upon completion of the project the owners received a Historic Preservation Award from the City of Burlington. This is a first-class mixed-use property located within walking distance to UVM, the hospital and downtown Winooski. Please call the agent to discuss more of the wonderful details of this property that are too numerous to fit in this description.